fetching latest news
News tagged in:
UK-based Subsea 7 has secured a multi-million dollar contract from Canadian oil and gas firm, Nexen. The contract is part of Buzzard Phase 2 project, off Scotland’s northeast coast. The scope of the contract covers project management and EPCI of a 5km Pipeline Bundle and other activities related to the provision of a heavy lift vessel. The offshore operations will commence in 2020.
Shell has started first phase production from the Kaikias project in the Gulf of Mexico, a year earlier from what was on schedule. Shell is the operator and owns 80% stakes, while the remaining 20% are held by MOEX North America in the Kaikias project. The deep-water project has been estimated to reach a peak production of 40,000 barrels of oil equivalent per day.
TechnipFMC has bagged one of the largest subsea production systems contract by CNOOC for the Liuhua oilfield project in the South China Sea. The contract ranges from the engineering, procurement, and construction of subsea equipment, including 26 units of Enhanced Horizontal Christmas trees (EHXT) as well as wellheads, subsea control systems, manifolds, tie-in systems and intervention workover control systems (IWOCS). It also covers support services for the installation and commissioning.